Thursday 30 / 09 / 2021 0
The 6 Best Supplements for Soccer Players
Soccer is a challenging sport that requires players to demonstrate a combination of speed, strength and stamina to outscore their opponents on the pitch. In order to achieve these goals, it is essential that you feed your body with quality nutrients every day. The right supplements can help you maximise your speed, maintain your endurance for the duration of the match and support recovery so that you can train as hard as you want each day. Here’s our selection of 6 supplements that can benefit soccer players on the pitch.
1. Pre-workout formulas to kick off your training sessions
If you want to push your limits and give your best during training, our Pre-Workout formula is made for you! Made with 6 potent ingredients, our blend contains Creatine, 4 potent amino-acids (L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, β-Alanine and L-Taurine) and a hint of caffeine. It’s formulated to take your workout to the next level, by helping you maximize performance and strength, fight fatigue and ensure alertness from start to finish! And using it is very simple: just mix 1 scoop (5g) of pre-workout with 200-250 ml of water, and drink it before sports for a boost.
2. Creatine to boost your game
If you really want to get a kick out of your next training session, you can try our Creatine Monohydrate! Being one of the most researched sports supplements for athletes, creatine has been shown to maximise performance, especially during high-intensity exercise. It also plays a major role in your body’s energy production. Soccer players who want to boost their performance can benefit from adding creatine into their routine: all you need to do is to dissolve one scoop (3g) in water or juice, every day for 6-8 weeks, followed by a break of at least 4 weeks.
3. Protein powders, drinks & snacks to fuel your muscles
We know you’ve probably heard this before, but we’re going to say it again: protein is essential, because it supports muscle growth and maintenance! Everybody needs protein, and if one of your goals is to gain muscle mass, it’s really important to ensure that your diet covers your daily protein needs. And when you need a helping hand, protein powders, snacks and drinks are an easy and convenient way to add more protein into your diet! Not only do they support your muscles, they also keep you satiated for a long time, ensuring you won’t be feeling hungry during your match. The choice is yours!
- Shake it up with protein powders: Our Whey Protein 80 is the go-to protein powder for many athletes: easily digestible, tasty and high quality. If you want to build and maintain lean muscle mass, while keeping your fat and sugar intake low, our Whey Isolate 90 is made for you! And if you’re following a plant-based diet, our Choco-Hazelnut Plant-Based Protein and its complete protein profile are the perfect match. Don’t forget your shaker for lump-free shakes, and check out all of our protein powders here.
- Quench your thirst with ready-to-drink shakes & drinks: Perfect to take on the pitch during your training sessions, our ready-to-drink High Protein Shakes provide you with 25g of protein per bottle. You can also get our High Protein Smoothies for a fruity taste. And for an even more refreshing version, our Protein Water and its 20g of protein per serving is made for you.
- Refuel with delicious protein snacks: Who’s hungry? Not only does it taste delicious, our Muscle Builder protein bar also supplies you with an impressive 20g of protein per bar. As for our Body Toner protein bar, it contains 11g of protein and 10,7g of carbs, to fuel your muscles and give you energy when you need it. And if you want a chocolate treat, try our Crispy Protein Balls: rich in protein and fiber, they can be enjoyed on their own or used as a yoghurt topping. What’s not to like?
4. Carbs to replenish your energy reserves
Carbs are your body’s main energy source, and that’s something to keep in mind when you’re playing! During a match, the half-time break is the perfect moment to replenish your energy reserves. To do so, you can have a snack such as our Energy Bar during your break: it combines fast and slow-release energy sources to keep your energy levels stable while you play. If you’re feeling thirsty rather than hungry, no problem! Our Energizer drink contains an assortment of 90g of carbohydrates that work in synergy to help fuel your game. A real keeper!
5. Vitamin D to support your bones and muscle function
Also known as the sunshine vitamin, vitamin D is essential to the normal function of your immune system, bones and muscles. Very important, isn’t it? During the winter months, or when there’s less sunlight, your body might not be able to produce the vitamin D it needs. That’s when supplements come in handy! Our Vitamin D supplements are made from vitamin D3, easily absorbed by the body and you only need 1 per day to cover your needs.
6. Multivitamin to keep the ball rolling
That may seem obvious, but you can’t play soccer if you’re ill. Training hard can put a strain on your body, and you need to make sure you are getting the proper nutrition you need to stay in top shape. But there’s no need to juggle with pills and caps! Our Multivitamins are a 360° solution for complete wellness support, formulated with 22 vitamins and minerals to cover all the aspects of your well-being. Just one a day and you’re good to go! Remember to take your multivitamin with a meal for better absorption.
To sum it up…
As always, having a varied and balanced diet is essential when you want to train hard and play even harder during your matches. When you need a little boost, supplements for soccer players can help you achieve your goals and maximise your performance. But remember that supplements are not one-size-fits-all, and what works for you depends on your personal goals and your training programme. Keep shooting for the stars and you’ll make it!