For 4 people
- 150g Ricotta
- 150g Light Cheese spread (Philadelphia)
- 300g tempeh
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce (no added sugar)
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 slices of bread
- Fresh garlic
- Dill + chives
- Salt + pepper
- In a bowl blend the barbecue and soy sauces, garlic powder and maple syrup.
- Cut the tempeh in small strips and marinate them in the previously prepared sauce for a couple of hours.
- Bake the tempeh in a pan for a few minutes and let cool down.
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster or the oven until slightly crispy – 5min. Once ready, grate fresh garlic on the top, just to perfume the bread.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta and cheese spread. Add the salt to taste, pepper, lime juice, the minced dill + chives and the baked tempeh.
- Cut rectangles of baking paper that would adapt to the length and high of the cookie cutter. Start by cutting out a piece of bread and leave it on the bottom. Add the baking paper and then use a scoop to place the cheese/tempeh batter on the top. Gently press the top and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve take out the cookie cutter and baking paper. Top with fresh chives and a few pieces of tempeh.