Why would someone need protein?
Actually, everyone needs proteins. Proteins are the “bricks” or units that are necessary to grow, maintain and repair muscle cells. According to the guidelines provided by EFSA (European Food Safety Authority), the recommended daily intake of protein is fixed at 0,83g per kg of body weight per day for a sedentary adult – which represents 56g of protein per day for an average men. This amount can be reached with a balanced diet.
However, factors such as intense and regular physical activity lead to an increase of the proteins’ needs. For instance, athletes or people who regularly lift weights see their calories and proteins’ needs increase (up to 1,8-2,0g/ kg of bodyweight/ day). Therefore in this case, it is profitable to use the right type of high quality protein supplements.
Table 1_Protein content of Whey Isolate 90 compared to food (the nutritional value of each type of food has been calculated using the Ciqual table (https://ciqual.anses.fr/))
Whey Isolate 90 Strawberry
Chicken breast (without skin)
Whole Milk, UHT
1 glass (200ml)
1 handful (30g)
1 medium to large (60g)
What is whey protein?
Whey is naturally found in the watery portion of cow milk and is collected during cheese manufacturing process. Once separated from fat and water, the whey is micro-filtrated or ultra-filtrated to produce respectively whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. Whey protein has several advantages. It contains all essential amino acids, and is also easily digested and absorbed by the body (high bioavailability). Therefore, whey protein is the most commonly used protein source among athletes and gym goers, but also people who want to increase their daily protein intake.
What is the difference between whey concentrate (Whey Protein 80) and whey isolate (Whey Isolate 90)?
The main difference lies in the production process. Whey can be ultra-filtrated and lead to whey concentrate or ultra- and micro-filtrated and lead to whey isolate. Both forms are easily digested by the body. But if we take a closer look, whey concentrate contains 80% protein while whey isolate contains up to 90% since the filtration process is more complex, resulting in higher protein and less fat and carbs. Therefore, the latter is more expensive. So your next question will be: which one should I take then? And there’s no black or white answer! It all depends on your sports and nutrition goals. Athletes and gym addicts on a really strict diet, who need to maximize their protein intake while keeping the calories count really low in order to build lean muscle mass would go for whey isolate (Pro range). On the other hand, a regular gym goer or someone who is looking for a solution to increase her/ his daily protein intake would choose whey concentrate, less expensive and still with a high-quality nutritional value.
Why do you say that the quality of your whey isolate is the best? Concretely, what are the evidence?
Our mission is to provide you with the best quality of whey for the best price. Therefore, our experts have selected the best whey and have paired it with high quality ingredients to create the a cutting-edge (an optimized) formula, based on the following points:
- 100% pure whey: our experts have made sure to work with a factory that meets our strict requirements for quality and transparency. We have chosen an IFS certified-supplier (which ensures that the whole production process complies with the highest quality and security standards) of 100% pure whey from high quality milk. All raw materials are systematically lab tested.
- Instant soluble whey protein powder: our whey mixes effortlessly and is also really versatile. It can be used for a smooth and creamy shake, but also in all kind of tasty recipes. Why is that? We have used a tiny amount of sunflower (not soy) lecithin – which, by the way, has no significant impact on the nutritional value. That’s what makes our protein powder very soluble. Many other manufacturers use cheap/ low quality whey, that doesn’t dissolve completely even after shaking it for ages.
- No fillers/ unnecessary ingredients. Our uncompromising quality standards are also extended to the ingredients that are used conjointly with our whey. We do not add sugar, fat, nor use any fillers – those are ingredients, such as maltodextrine or random flour, used to bulk up the protein powder – which drastically decrease the protein content and consequently the nutritional value. However, we believe that taste does matter. Therefore we use natural flavors and coloring agents for you to enjoy the taste of Whey Protein 80.
- High protein content: our whey concentrate brings up to 80% of protein, which means in a single 30g-serving, you will have 24g of high quality protein.
- Naturally occurring BCAA and L-Glutamine: our whey concentrate naturally contains 5,8g of Branched Chain Amino Acid and 4,5g of L-Glutamine. Those have not been added, which is another sign of a high quality product.