Friday 24 / 01 / 2020 0
High Protein Choco Stick biscuits (aka Mikado)
For 18 sticks approx.
- 95g oat flour
- 30g Whey Isolate 90 – Vanilla
- 20g coconut oil
- 15g coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 70g dark chocolate
- Optional: 3 tbs crushed almonds
Nutritional values (per serving of 3 sticks):
202kcal | 9,4g protein | 11,6g fat | 14,9g carbs | 2,4g fibre
- In a bowl, blend the flour, protein powder and sugar.
- Melt the coconut oil, add the egg and whisk thoroughly. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients with a spatula and then use your hands to form a big ball.
- Place the ball between 2 sheets of baking paper. Roll up with a rolling pin until you get a 1cm thick dough.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut 15cm long strips (15 to 20 – depending on how thin they are).
- Use your hands to roll up the strips into sticks and then place them on an oven tray covered with baking paper.
- Cook in the oven for 15min at 180°C and let cool down completely.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (at the lowest power for 3min approx.). Use a tea spoon to cover ¾ of the sticks with the melted chocolate.
- Optional: Immediately cover the sticks with the crushed almonds.
- Place them back on the baking paper and then in the fridge for 15min in order to let the chocolate harden.