For 1 cake of 16 slices
50g almond flower
1 tsp baking powder
50ml almond milk
60g coconut oil
110g apple compote, unsweetened
300g carrots grated
1 apple grated
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup raisins
- 150g kwark
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp honey
Nutritional values (per serving of 1 slice):
202kcal | 8,6g protein | 9,9g fat | 18,5g carbs | 2,6g fibre
- Add the flower, almond flower, baking powder and vanilla protein in a bowl and mix.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix it in a separate bowl with the eggs, honey, apple compote and milk.
- Mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients until you get a smooth mixture.
- Grate the carrots and apple and add them to the mixture.
- Add the ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, pecans, and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture in a round baking tray and put it in a preheated oven at 170 C for 70-80 minutes.
- Whilst the cake is in the oven prepare the frosting by mixing the kwark, cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey.
- Let the cake cool down before adding the frosting.