Friday 27 / 09 / 2019 0
High protein banana bread
For 1 cake of 10 slices
- 3 medium bananas (= 270g approx.), preferably ripe
- 180g wholemeal flour
- 30g Whey Isolate 90 - Banana
- 80g apple compote (applemoes) 100% fruit – no added sugar
- 60g coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 25g pecan nuts
Nutritional values (per serving of 1 slice):
221kcal | 8g protein | 11,8g fat | 19,7g carbs | 2,7g fibre
- Mix in a bowl the flour, protein powder and baking powder.
- Puree the bananas and mix with the melted coconut oil, apple compote and eggs.
- Add the liquid blend to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts and combine.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180⁰C. Pour the batter into a cake tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting 10 slices.