With so many supplements recommended for cyclists, it can be a bit overwhelming to determine which ones would actually benefit you. Because bike rides can sometimes last for several hours, your body may get depleted of the nutrients it needs, even more so than with other, shorter physical activities. So, if you are already feeding your body a balanced diet, taking adequate supplements can give you that extra boost you need. Here’s our selection of supplements for cyclists.
1. Pre-workout formulas to jump start your bike rides
If you want a boost before your cycling session, our Pre-workout blend is made for you. With Creatine, 4 potent amino-acids (L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, β-Alanine and L-Taurine) and a hint of caffeine, our pre-workout blend is designed to maximise your performance and strength, fight fatigue and ensure alertness from start to finish!
2. Macro-friendly snacks to refuel your tanks
It’s always important to feed your body with the essential nutrients it needs, but it’s wheelie important when you’re on an intense bike ride. When you need more energy, choose snacks that are rich in carbs: they are your body’s main energy source, and can either be used by your body immediately (simple carbs) or release energy over several hours (complex carbs). As for times when you feel hungry while you’re pedalling, why not grab a protein-rich snack? Not only will it keep you satiated, it will also support the growth and maintenance of your muscles.
- With both fast and slow-release energy sources, our Energy Bar is the perfect companion to your bike rides. Portable and convenient, this tasty snack combines oats with a generous cappuccino-flavoured layer to keep you energised when you need it.
- A tasty protein bar to keep you satisfied during your bike ride? Yes please! Delicious and easy to pack, our Muscle Builder bar supplies you with 20g of protein to support your muscles and keep you going.
- Rich in fibre and protein, the Crispy Protein Balls are a real treat! With 15g of protein per serving, they’re easy to pack and snack on whenever you feel a little hungry.
3. Thirst-quenching drinks to keep you hydrated
When you’ve been cycling for a while, and especially when it’s warm outside, your body is losing a lot of water. Dehydration can cause a vicious cycle (not the kind of cycling we like!), by increasing fatigue and lowering your concentration. This is why it’s so important to ensure that you’re staying well-hydrated during your rides! Water is your best friend for this, but you can also bring other drinks alongside your water.
- Our Energizer is a refreshing drink that blends slow and fast releasing carbs to fuel your bike rides all along the way. Pick between two delicious flavours (mango, lemon & lime) and enjoy 90g of carbs per serving.
- Sugar-free, caffeine-free and fat-free, our Perform BCAA 2.1.1 drink is designed to support your muscles by supplying them with essential amino acids. Enjoy it before or during your workout to help maximize your performance.
- If you want to add more proteins in your diet while still keeping it refreshing, our Protein Water is there for you! With 20g of protein per bottle, sugar-free and fat-free, it’s perfect to enjoy during your bike ride.
4. Protein powders to support muscle recovery and growth
After a long and intense cycling session, your body needs to refuel and repair. And that’s where protein plays an essential role! This is because it allows your muscle to repair and recover. And this is especially important after endurance training such as cycling and when you have pushed your limits, which can result in muscle fatigue. For instant refuelling, you can go for protein powders. Quick and easy to use, and with plenty to choose from, you can be sure to find one that you’ll like! And don’t forget your shaker.
- Our Whey Protein 80 is the go-to protein powder for all sports enthusiasts who want to build and maintain their muscle mass. Easily digestible, it contains 80% of protein and comes in 3 delicious flavours.
- If you want to gain muscle mass while keeping your fat intake low, Whey Isolate 90 is made for you! With an impressive 90% protein content and 5 flavours to choose from, it still remains low in sugar and in fat.
- Delicious and suitable for all types of diets (including vegan, vegetarian and dairy-free), our Choco-Hazelnut Plant-Based Protein presents a complete protein profile, and provides 22g of protein per serving.
5. Creatine to push your limits even further
Ideal for cyclists who want to boost their performance, Creatine monohydrate has been shown to improve performance in high-intensity exercises. Ready to use and convenient, it’s a great addition to the daily routine of athletes and sports enthusiasts who exercise intensely and want to push their limits.
6. Vitamins, minerals & omegas to support your well-being
Your diet plays an essential role in taking your athletic performance to the next level. In order to reach your cycling goals, you should make sure your body is supplied with all the nutrients it needs. Vitamin supplements are an easy way to supply your body with any nutrients that may be lacking in your diet.
- Magnesium is very important for cyclists and sports enthusiasts, as it supports proper muscle function, protein synthesis and energy metabolism. Our Magnesium citrate is one of the most bioavailable forms of magnesium for the body, and 2 tablets per day are enough to cover your needs.
- Vitamin D3 contributes to the normal function of the immune system, the maintenance of normal bones and teeth, and normal muscle function. So if you want strong muscles and strong bones, make sure your needs are covered!
- Omega 3 fish oil supports the normal function of the heart. Our caps are formulated with EHA, DPA and Vitamin E, to help take care of the most important muscle in your body – your heart!
To sum it up…
Long cycling sessions are intense exercise that can put a strain on your body. That’s why it’s essential to refuel after your bike rides, and to supply your body with the nutrients it needs to recover. What you eat therefore plays a key role in improving your performance, and your diet should be as balanced and varied as possible. And when you need a helping hand, the right cycling supplements can help boost your performance and results during your cycling sessions.